If you’re planning to sell a house fast in Carroll County, MD, it’s worth considering your home’s appraisal value. The appraisal is a crucial step of the home-selling process, especially when you’re selling your home to a prequalified buyer for a home mortgage. The appraisal determines the amount of money that the lender is willing to provide to the buyer, who, in turn, uses it to purchase your home.
That said, home values all over the US have risen sharply, and Baltimore is no different. If you’re hoping to sell your home for the maximum profits, use the right strategies to increase the appraisal value of your property. In this article, we look at the top factors that determine your home’s appraisal value and share strategies to boost its value.
What Is Home Appraisal?
The appraisal process is a critical step of the house selling process in Carroll County, MD. The appraiser inspects your home and estimates how much it is worth. The appraisal value depends on several factors, including:
- Size – The larger the home, the higher its value. Besides the square feet, the number of bathrooms and bedrooms also impact the house’s overall value.
- Location – You can expect a higher market value if your home is close to the best amenities like schools, grocery stores, restaurants, libraries, and public transportation.
- Interior – The quality and condition of your home’s interior significantly affect the property’s appraised value. Having high-end materials like stainless steel kitchen appliances, luxury bath fittings, and hardwood floors add to the value of your home.
- Exterior – The roof, curb appeal, and foundation play a massive role in determining the final value of your home.
- Current condition – A home in perfect shape with minimal signs of wear and tear gets a higher market value than properties that are run down and in poor condition.
5 Easy Ways to Increase the Appraisal Value of Your Baltimore Home
1. Focus on curb appeal
Make your home picture-perfect right from the moment buyers step onto your property. Install flower boxes, colorful flower beds, and fresh mulch. You can also touch up the fence and repaint the front door.
2. Add That Wow Factor by Staging
Staging makes your home stand out. Repaint the walls, polish the floors, clean and declutter, and stage the primary bedroom, living room, and kitchen to create that perfect glam look.
3. Invest in Strategic Updates
Make updates that add ROI. Replace the front door, fix broken windows, replace worn-out bulbs and add a fresh coat of paint to the walls to make your home look fresh and bright.
4. Understand Your Buyers
You need to think like a buyer. Identify what the buyer wants. Features like a home office, hardwood floors, or stainless-steel appliances can interest buyers in your home. Add them to increase the market value of your home.
5. Compare It with Other Properties
Visit other open houses in your neighborhood. Scan for recently sold properties in your city to identify the current market values. This research gives you a better picture of the expected appraisal value of your home.
Sell Your Home for Cash and Skip the Appraisal
If you would rather skip the home appraisal process, you can reach out to a cash home buyer in Carroll County, MD. Cash home buyers purchase your property as-is with a quick inspection. You don’t have to go through the legal loops of home appraisal. Request a free cash offer and kick-start the home-selling process immediately.